EDU customers – Intune for Education update
* Autopilot reset
* Better iOS support
* Assignment rename and dynamic grouping
M365 CIS Foundation Benchmark now available!
* Hot Off The Press from Jon Trull and the ECG team!
* CIS guide
Windows Defender ATP integration with Microsoft Information Protection
Dynamic content protection integration
O365 for Mac on the Mac App Store
Get Office form the Mac store, and stay current!
Reminder: Cloud App Discovery – E3 vs E5 entitlement
* Discovery in MCAS (EMS E5) – The full blown Shadow IT Discovery solution. Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-app-security/set-up-cloud-discovery
* Discovery in AAD (EMS E3) – known as CAD. This is similar functionally to MCAS but does NOT include risk assessment and anomaly detection in discovered usage. Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/cloudappdiscovery-get-started
* You can review the comparison between Discovery in AAD CAD and MCAS here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-app-security/editions-cloud-app-security-aad
Ignite BRK 2182 – Building Custom Connectors for PA/Flow
* Don’t be afraid – more config than code!
* Example: Yelp API exposure to PA/Flow!
Teams Bot Builder v4
* It is more capable, but the layer model can take some getting used to
* Get you Geek hat on and check it out
Introducing Teams Room
* SRS-style functions, grounded in Teams
* Proximity detection (coming soon), makes it easy to discover and add nearby, available Microsoft Teams Rooms to any meeting.
* Companion experiences with mobile, to join your devices in content-only mode.
* Support for dual screen rooms.
Updated guidance for upgrading from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
* A streamlined end-to-end approach, making it easier to navigate our proven success framework for implementing change
* A “Get started” FAQ to highlight quickly the value of upgrading to Teams as well as when and how to take the next step in your journey
* A sample upgrade timeline that takes you from the pre-upgrade phase where you will plan and prepare for your upgrade, through the upgrade and into the post-upgrade phase, designed to sustain and amplify your outcomes.
* A summary of key considerations when preparing to upgrade your tenant and users to Teams Only mode.
* Supplemental deep dive technical resources around coexistence, interoperability, and migration.
Power BI Service Personal Bookmarks
Create your own bookmarks to capture relevant views to you. Includes page, filters, slicers, visual selection state, sorting, drill state, item visibility.
No sharing yet, but coming soon!
Power BI Dataflows Updates for January 2019
* 47 connectors supported at present! New: MySQL, Teradata, Azure Data Explorer, Active Directory, Smartsheet, Sybase… more supported behind the scenes (just not in the UI yet).
* Web connector now supports basic auth
* Support for native SQL queries (BYOS[QL])
* Advanced Power Query transformations via M.
Monetization of Power BI Custom Visuals
There are hundreds of visuals available in AppSource. Downloading is free, but some visuals may have in-app purchases for advanced features.
Power BI Report Server January 2019 Update
* Row-level security!
* Many new reporting features
* Improved DAX editor
* Accessibility improvements
Management of Data Gateways in the Power Platform Admin Center
PowerApps Audit Events now in Office 365 Security and Compliance Center
Events: Created app, Edited app, Deleted app, Launched app, Published app, Marked app as hero, Market app as featured, Edited app permissions, Deleted app permission, Restored app version
Flow/PowerApps Connector Updates for January
* User assignment support for Planner connector – great use case for Flow!
* Get categories for Office 365 calendar events
* New connectors: Ally and TxtSync
Flow Word (Business) Connector
* Generate PDFs from Word docs
* Populate a Microsoft Word template